Embark on a transformative journey as you delve into the fundamentals of hand drumming, seamlessly tapping into the profound meditative essence that drumming brings to your well-being. Immerse yourself in the rhythmic beats, discovering the therapeutic power of drumming for your mind and body. This isn’t just a class; it’s an invitation to become part of an extraordinary community that shares a passion for the healing rhythm of drums. Join us and unlock the doors to a world where the art of hand drumming becomes a gateway to both self-discovery and connection with a like-minded, incredible community.
Date and Time:Monday, January 29, 2024 · 6:30 – 8:30pm EST
About this event:
- Join Jared Bistrong for a 6-week introduction to hand drumming program at Modern ŌM Bungalow. This program focuses on the basics of drumming, with an emphasis on the Djembe drum, fostering a powerful cultivation practice for personal meditation and wellness. Participants will learn about the history of various drums, percussion instruments, specific techniques, exercises, and traditional/non-traditional rhythms from around the world. Drumming etiquette will also be covered. No prior experience is necessary, but participants must bring their own hand drum.Upon completion of the initial program, participants can continue attending classes at a discounted drop-in rate of $35. Drop-in sessions are available for $50, and Modern ŌM Members pay $40 per drop-in.
Duration: 2 hour
- For beginners, it is recommended to join the rolling 6-session program.
- After completing the 6-pack, the drop-in rate is reduced.
- Experienced drummers can opt for a single-session drop-in ticket.
- Exclusive rates are available for Modern ŌM Members with different plans offering a 10% discount.
Workout Session Details:
- Check-in: Begins at 6:15 PM. Please arrive on time.
- Instructor: Jared Bistrong, director of the Miami Sound Institute & The South Beach Sound Healing Orchestra.
- Bring: Participants must bring their own drum. Jared will provide sample drums for the first class and can assist in finding a drum.
Essentials to Bring:
- A drum (participants need to bring their own, with assistance available to find one).
- Metered parking is available alongside the streets of Upper Buena Vista on NE 2nd Avenue and NE 50th Terrace.
- Do NOT park in residential zones, as they may tow.